The USAID/Empowered Children and Adolescent Program I (USAID ECAP I) works to mitigate against the impact of HIV and improve the health and well-being of Vulnerable Children and Adolescents (VCA) through the delivery of high-impact, evidence-based, and age-appropriate interventions with a family-centered, customized approach for each VCA sub-population. The activity is being implemented by the Catholic Medical Mission Board Zambia (CMMB-Z) in partnership Grassroots Soccer (GRS), and the Catholic Medical Mission Board Inc.
About the Project
CMMB Zambia has been implementing a USAID project, Empowered Children and Adolescents Program I (USAID ECAP I) since September 30, 2020. The project will continue and is scheduled to end on September 29, 2025.
USAID ECAP I seeks to improve the social and health outcomes of vulnerable households in the high HIV burden districts of Chingola, Kalulushi, Kitwe, Luanshya, Mpongwe, and Ndola district on the Copperbelt province, Solwezi district in North-Western province, Kasama and Mbala in Northern province and Mansa and Nchelenge in Luapula Province, in close collaboration with the Government of the Republic of Zambia (GRZ).
USAID ECAP I is inviting applications from suitably qualified individuals with relevant experience for the following positions aimed at contributing to the strategic vision of the USAID ECAP I Project.
Job Title: Project Driver X 4
Location: Kitwe, Ndola, Nchelenge and Mbala.
Reporting to: Head Driver
The Driver will provide a wide range of expedient transport (Support) services to ECAP I, ensure that all errands are carried out in a timely manner and all vehicles are mechanically road worthy.
Key Duties: –
- Drive and maintain fleet of Project vehicles
- Ensure daily deliveries and facilitation of staff movements
- Monitor and ensure the assigned vehicles are roadworthy.
- Check status of assigned vehicles and ensure engine oil, water and brake fluid are checked on a daily basis.
- Ensure that all trips are approved and recorded in the vehicle logbook
- Obtain insurance and vehicle licenses for the program vehicles.
- Keep accurate mileage records and maintain logs books on daily basis, ensure trips are authorised prior and duly signed for on daily basis
- Advise supervisor on maintenance/service required on the vehicle
- Perform administrative tasks
- Adhere to the Zambian Road traffic laws as well as CMMB Zambia Transport policy
- Track service, repair, insurance, road tax and fitness of vehicles
- Carry out any other duties as assigned.
- Holder of a G12 Certificate
- Valid Class C Driver’s license or better
- Minimum five (5) years work experience, preferably in an NGO setting
- Clean driving record and no Criminal record
- Basic Mechanics Certificate an added advantage
Key Attributes and Skills
- Strong sense of safety both on and off the road
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Courteous with a pleasant personality
- Sound knowledge on road traffic regulations
- High levels of confidentiality
All interested candidates who meet the above criteria are encouraged to send their application letters with copies of their most recent curriculum vitaes with at least three traceable references to [email protected] .The closing date for receiving applications is 10th January 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
CMMB Zambia is committed to the prevention of harm, and to promote the health and wellbeing of children and vulnerable adults. All CMMB Zambia Staff, partners, volunteers and affiliates are expected to abide by ALL CMMB-Zambia safeguarding policies. CMMB Zambia is an equal opportunity employer.